Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 17, 2008

    Neverending Mix, 9.17.08



    Three caveats before I say what I am going to say:

    1. This video kind of sucks, though it's in the great tradition of the videos for "One" and other epic, long, plot-driven metal videos.
    2. Lars Ulrich is still a greedy, whiny jerk, albeit a greedy, whiny jerk that's an ungodly awesome drummer.
    3. I use "St. Anger" as a coaster. A coaster for crappy beer.

    Now that we've gotten that out of the way, though, here's what I think: "Death Magnetic," the new Metallica album, basically completely rules. They haven't put out a good album since self-titled, and that was 17 years ago, man. The breakdown about 6 minutes into this beast of a single, "The Day That Never Comes," is a glorious, interlocked guitar-packed, thunderous, thrash-y explosion of metal beauty. And it's not the best song on the album. I will never forgive them for their part in setting back digital media several years via their attacks on filesharing, but you know what? Metallica rules. Case closed. Story over. Time to rock out.

    No comments: