Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, October 24, 2008

    Thoughts on Pop!Tech, midday Friday.

    Things noticed today at Pop!Tech:

    Critical shortage of power outlets. People are wandering around, looking for a place to plug their laptops in. No luck. I myself am going to run out of power in about a half hour. Bummer.

    I sat next to some dock workers at lunch at the Waterfront today. One of them asked me about Pop!Tech, and I showed him my schedule. He said, "Wow, that's some serious &%$#." I agreed.

    I saw Malcolm Gladwell sitting in Boynton McKay's.

    Popped into Wild Rufus Records. Matt sez, "You should check out Amos Lee when he plays tonight." Asked him if business picks up during the conference; he said, "a little bit."

    This is a great place to overhear conversations. Two people behind me are talking about what makes a play or film great; she says the tangible aesthetic qualities, he says the realism. Walking to lunch, two more were talking about the state of nonprofits, and how you differentiate yourself from others so you can stay afloat. Now I'm hearing a lady bitch about the food at our quaint little local restaurants. My Maine blood boils when I hear people from away talk like we're a bunch of slack-jawed yokels. OK. I'm better now.

    I'm surrounded by so much intelligence now I don't even know where to begin.

    No comments: